Course Code: BPM01
Course Length: 3 days
This course is tailored to individuals who are new in the field of CRT monitor repairing. This is an introductory course designed to provide an overview of troubleshooting and repairing monitor concepts.
The Basic Practical CRT Monitor Repair course is targeted at IT Managers, IT Engineers, IT Lecturers, Technicians, Technical College Students, Electronic Hobbyists, and Computer Owners.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Use a Monitor Testing Program.
- Know the safety precautions when troubleshooting monitors.
- Describe how a monitor works.
- Read a basic monitor schematic diagram.
- Identify each section in a monitor.
- Understand the functions of each section in a monitor.
- Remove, install and test a Flyback Transformer.
- Install a Monitor Blur Buster (MBB).
- Check if colors and sync problems are due to a defective vga signal cable.
- Perform basic voltage measurement in some critical test points within the monitor circuit.
- Adjust internal preset (VR) to correct some simple display problem.
- Diagnose and begin Monitor troubleshooting and repairing.
- Prepare to undertake the Advanced Practical CRT Monitor Repair Course.
This course assumes that the participant has a minimum understanding of the following competencies:
- Understand basic electronic terms and concepts
- Identify and measure basic electronic components
- Basic voltage measurement using multimeters
- Or have completed the Basic Electronics Troubleshooting And Repair Course.
The course materials, lectures and lab exercises are in English.
(Upon request, the lecturer can conduct in Mandarin and Bahasa Malaysia)
UPON SIGNING UP FOR THE COURSE, PARTICIPANTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR:
1. Long term technical support by Noahtech through email and phone. You will never be left alone after the course. Any CRT Monitor repair questions just call or email us.
2. A Participant Workbook which contains:
- Step by step on how to use a monitor testing program.
- Explanation on safety procedures in monitor repairing.
- Colours pictures that show the components of a monitor.
- A basic monitor block diagram.
- A monitor schematic diagram.
- A VGA signal pin configuration and diagram.
- Diagramatic explanation on how to check a flyback transformer, yoke coils, B+ coils and SMPS winding.
- Diagramatic explanation on how to install a monitor blur buster.
- Monitor board layout diagram where internal preset (VR) are located.
- Question on monitor critical test point such as heater, G1, G2, and etc which is to be fill by participants.
- Basic illustration of monitor problems and suggested solution.
- Basic monitor repairing tips.
- Suggested technical reference books
- Technical terms (Glossary)
3) Certificate of Attendance will be awarded upon completion of the course.
Course starts at 9.00am to 5.00pm
Click Here to print out the course outline or right click to save the file.
NOTE: For more information, inquiries and registration please contact us HERE.