Course Code: HAER01
Course Length: 3 days
This course is tailored to individuals who wish to learn the Higher Advanced Repair Techniques in Electronics Troubleshooting.
Who Should Attend This Course?
The Higher Advanced Electronics Repair Course is targeted to those already have at least 5 years experiences in electronics repair and had completed the Advanced Electronics Troubleshooting And Repair Course. They can be IT Managers, IT Engineers, IT Lecturers, Technicians, Technical College Students, Electronic Hobbyists or Computer Owners.
Benefits After Attending This Course:
After you have attended this course, you will be able to:
- Remove, align and solder SOIC, QFP, PLCC ICs with Gull Wing, Flat lead, L-lead, I-lead and J-lead
- Remove and solder Plated-Through Hole (PTH) and SOT package components in a double sided motherboard.
- Understand Ball Grid Array (BGA) surface mount IC technology. You will learn about the :
- -Objective of Soldering
- -Factors to consider during soldering process
- -Criteria of good solder joints
- -Some common problem of BGA soldering
- -Safety consideration for BGA soldering
- -How to clean the board after soldering
- Use and operate an Infra Red(IR) and Hot Air BGA rework station to extract and install BGA ICs
- Reball the BGA IC (using Reball Stencil) with new BGA solder balls
- Find out the two important secrets in troubleshooting many types of mainboard/motherboard in the market
- Learn the easy and simple way to find shorted/leaky components in a high density components mainboard/motherboard with the help of the special test equipment in the market.
- Use the latest test meters in the market to accurately test/check on all kind of sizes and shape of Transformers/Inductors/Coils/Flybacks. It can also check Zener diodes, Diodes, Schottky Diodes, FET’s, IGBT, Bipolar Transistors, Optoisolator ICs, Electrolytic Capacitors (ESR and Capacitance value), Non Polar Capacitors with high voltage rating and many other components. You will also learn the simple and accurate way to test/check LCD/LED-TV/Monitor/Laptop Backlights, Remote control, Audio, Video Signal and many more. (The test equipment will be provided to perform the above test).
- Understand how Switch Mode Power Supplies (SMPS) with Power Factor Correction (PFC) circuit works
- To locate the critical test points in SMPS with PFC circuit for troubleshooting.
- Read SMPS with built in PFC circuit and System In Package (Sip) Module schematic diagram (few A3 size schematic diagrams will be given to the participant)
- Understand how Standby, Inverter, Boost and Buck Circuit Works with the help of block, schematic diagram and real circuit board
- Understand how ATX power supplies works (Push Pull Converter Topologies)
- Read ATX power supplies schematic diagrams (few A3 size schematic diagrams will be given to the participant)
- To locate the critical test points in ATX power supplies.
- Troubleshoot and repair ATX power supplies by using the latest test equipment in the market and also base on the schematic diagram tracing. This means ATX power supplies with real problems will be given to students for hands on practice. The whole idea to learn troubleshoot and repair ATX power supplies is to equip participants with confidence when dealing with actual power supply repair. Participants will be able to see and learn the repair techniques used by the lecturer when he is performing the actual repair work. You will also learn the Voltage and Waveform checking when the power supply is turned “On”. Once the participants able to solve the power supplies problem (no power, stand by, power shut down, low power, too high power and power blink) this means they are prepare to tackle many types of power supplies problem in the market.
Note: An ATX power supply tester will be supplied to students to test on the ATX power supply for troubleshooting purpose.
- During the SMPS troubleshooting you will be able to learn “Jestine’s SMPS troubleshooting methods” such as:
- Realtime Simulation of Power Transformer Testing to locate open, partial or heavy short circuit in transformer windings and also to locate if other components causing the transformer not to work. (Test equipment will be provided to perform this test)
- Realtime Simulation method 1 to check if there is any leaky or shorted components in all types of circuit track. (Another type of test equipment will be provided to perform this test)
- Realtime Simulation method 2 (Enhanced secret) to discover if there is any leaky or shorted components in all types of circuit track. This method also can be used to isolate if the problem is located in the primary or secondary side of SMPS. (Another different type of test equipment will be provided to perform this test)
The above Jestine’s SMPS troubleshooting methods is very effective in solving all kind of SMPS problems such as no power symptom, power blink, low power and etc. You can always use the above all techniques to troubleshoot and repair any type of equipment you are working on-just be creative!
(This kind of real life “Hands On” and unique power supply troubleshooting methods could not be found elsewhere).
- and many more variety troubleshooting techniques to be shared during the class.
- Completed the Advanced Electronics Troubleshooting And Repair Course
- Or must have at least 5 years of experience in Electronics Repair
The course materials, lectures and lab exercises are in English.
(Upon request, the lecturer can conduct in Mandarin and Bahasa Malaysia)
UPON SIGNING UP FOR THE COURSE, PARTICIPANTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR:
1. Long term technical support by Noahtech through email and phone. You will never be left alone after the course. Any electronics repair questions just call or email us.
2. A Participant Workbook which contains:
- Safety First
- Introduction to Ball Grid Array (BGA) IC
- Different between Infra Red (IR) and Hot Air BGA Rework Station
- How to Use a BGA Machine
- How to do Reballing with the help of Reball Stencil
- Latest and Helpful Test Equipment Revealed
- Understanding the two important secrets in Troubleshooting Mainboard/Motherboard
- How to Easily Identify Leaky or Shorted components in high density mainboard/motherboard With The Help Of A Simple Tester
- Understand with the help of block diagram how Switch Mode Power Supplies (SMPS) with Power Factor Correction (PFC) circuit works
- Understand with the help of block diagram how Stand By circuit works
- Understand with the help of block diagram how Inverter circuit works
- Understand with the help of block diagram how Buck circuit works
- Understand with the help of block diagram how Boost circuit works
- Understand with the help of block diagram how ATX Switch Mode Power Supplies (SMPS) circuit works (with and without PFC circuit).
- Understanding Realtime Simulation of Power Transformer Testing (how to identify the testing points and perform the test using the latest test meter)
- Understanding Realtime Simulation method 1 (how to identify the testing points and perform the test using the latest test meter)
- Understanding Realtime Simulation method 2 (Enhanced secret)- (how to identify the testing points and perform the test using the latest test meter)
Note: You can always apply the repair techniques (ideas) to troubleshoot and repair any type of equipment in your industries–You just has to be innovative, creative and imaginative!
3) Certificate of Completion will be awarded upon completion of the course.
Course starts at 9.00am to 5.00pm
Click here to print out the course outline or right click to save the file.
NOTE: We limit only to 8 participants per class to maximize attention so book early to secure a seat and to avoid disappointment. Click here for the course schedule. For more information, inquiries and registration please contact us HERE.